Friday, 26 January 2007

They joys of local city councils

Yay. I have to deal with the council again.

I need to update my residents parking permit, because I have a new car. Currently I am paying £10 a week for 7-day temporary permits, and soon I won't be able to buy any more, because I will have exceeded my "quota" for this period.

Now that I've got my V5, I can do this. Of course, I don't know what else I need to take with me (e.g. do I need the new permit? I don't want a SECOND one, because I'd have to pay for that).

I'll phone and ask.

Of course not. They're only open when I'm at work, they have no answerphone and don't seem to be able to reply to their email. Sorry, I pay council tax for......? occasional rubbish collection?