Thursday 6 January 2011

Good with Food?

Is it just me who found the new Co-Op advert (you know, the one with the guy talking to his wife about not wasting the weekend) both surreal and totally inconsistent with my own shopping experiences?

I wouldn't use the Co-op if I wanted to save time. Odds of being trapped trying to get to or from a shelf by someone frantically restocking it - or just stuck in a queue for ages - very high.

Oh well; I'll just have to make going to the butcher, greengrocer and fishmonger one of my aims for the New Year!

That ties in nicely with the lovely presents I got for "Reyes" (the Spanish celebration of Epiphany, when the wise men / magic kings brought their gifts). Two more Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (aka Hugh Fearnley-Eats-It-All) cook books!

The links are below if you want to check them out - I've only had a quick read through, but they seem to have some good recipes and I managed to find something in the Meat one for dinner, pretty quickly!

0 comments: